You are hereMS Clinic
How to Get an Appointment
In order to be seen at the UBC Hospital MS Clinic a referral is required from a physician. Please have your physician fax a referral to 604-822-7362.
Preparing for Your Appointment
- You will receive a call confirming your attendance two weeks prior to your appointment date. If you have any questions please call 604-822-7131.
- Bring your British Columbia CareCard which indicates your personal healthcare number.
- Bring a complete list of your current medications.
- Bring your eyeglasses.
- If possible bring someone to attend the appointment with you. It is helpful to have someone else hear the information you are being given.
- If possible bring any MRI CDs to your appointment (not required if your MRI has been done at a facility other than UBC Hospital, Vancouver General Hospital, Richmond General Hospital or St. Paul’s Hospital). To obtain a copy of your MRI please call the film library of the hospital in which your MRI was performed.
Cancellations and Missed Appointment
Please call 604-822-7131 as soon as possible if you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment. Please give us at least 24 hours notice if you are unable to attend your appointment due to an unexpected situation arising. This provides us the opportunity to give this appointment time to another patient.
Please note that if you miss an appointment without informing us we will not rebook your appointment until you contact us. To be seen at the UBC Hospital MS Clinic please call 604-822-7131.
There may be a wait for another appointment due to the volume of patients being seen in the clinic. We will do our best to reschedule your appointment as soon as possible. Please make every effort to keep the appointment that is booked for you.
What to Expect at Your First Appointment
- Check in at UBC Hospital MS Clinic Registration Desk
- Review Multiple Sclerosis Information and Consent Form
- Neurology Assessment by neurologist (May include doctors in training)
- Nursing Assessment
- Neuro-Ophthalmology Assessment
- Lab tests, MRI’s and other investigations may be ordered but may not be necessarily performed the same day.