You are hereEvents
20 Years of Brain Health: An Anniversary Symposium
1:00pm-7:30pm, Nov 25, 2017
Join us in celebration as we commemorate 20 years of neuroscience research and brain health discovery at the University of British Columbia. We're looking back at the accomplishments of our researchers, students and staff under the former Brain Research Centre and current Djavad Mowafaghian Centre for Brain Health banners, and looking ahead to a bright future for brain research and care in British Columbia and beyond.
Meet and mingle with the UBC neuroscience community, including our fascinating faculty, students, staff and alumni, and enjoy special presentations from keynote speakers Dr. Karl Diesseroth and Dr. Catherine Malabou. We are thankful to Dr. Lara Boyd for her role as Master of Ceremonies.
- 1:00 p.m.: Opening remarks (Drs. Brian MacVicar and Jon Stoessl)
- 1:15: Keynote 1: Dr. Karl Deisseroth
- 2:05: Dr. Catharine Winstanley & Dr. Shernaz Bamji
- 2:25: Dr. Tim Murphy & Dr. Craig Brown
- 2:45: Q&A with speakers
- 2:50: Coffee break
- 3:00: Dr. Kurt Haas & Dr. Simon Chen
- 3:20: Dr. Haakon Nygaard & Dr. Lynn Raymond
- 3:45: Q&A with speakers
- 3:50: Coffee break
- 4:00: Keynote 2: Dr. Catharine Malabou
- 4:45: Dialogue between Drs. Deisseroth and Malabou
- 5:15: Closing remarks (Dr. Max Cynader)
Cocktail reception to follow. Event is free but space is limited, so please RSVP to attend.
No upcoming events.